Updated: Sep 21, 2021
Change is inevitable. No matter how hard we try to avoid it, change is a part of life. We are here to grow, evolve, and move forward; we are called to do something bigger than ourselves.
Being a mom and a small business owner, I've learned a thing or two about how quickly things change; children, time, my mind...I have SO many ideas about where this adventure could take me that the fear of change I once had has no place in my life anymore. I want to be an example to my children and teach them that change can be good; just like the seasons change, life would be pretty boring if things always remained the same. That being said, I'm taking another step forward and starting this blog to focus on recipe development and sharing the little things in life that make this journey possible.
With the changing season and sweater weather making its appearance once again, I felt it was time to jump on the pumpkin bandwagon and let me tell you, I'm ALL for it.
These Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies are a game changer, and trust me when I say, you'll FALL in love with every bite.
Pumpkin Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1 cup oat flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/4 cup tahini
1/2 cup enjoy life semisweet chocolate chips (can use regular chocolate chips if not dairy free)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and the spices.
3. In another bowl, mix together the maple syrup, pumpkin, and tahini (YUM), and add it to the the dry mix. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
4. Using a small scoop or tablespoon, place the cookies on the baking sheet and flatten the top of each cookie with a fork or the back of a spoon.
5. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies turn golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack until they are completely cool.
Store the cookies in an airtight container for 3-5 days or store in the freezer for up to six months.
Trust me, you will not be disappointed!